Saturday, September 29, 2007

Today was market...


...and it was slow.

There was a lot more good stuff to it, however. My vendor friends and I had an important and helpful conversation that really helped us both, I think.

Hubs and kiddo were very helpful setting up and tearing down. Kiddo even said the night before "Do we need more time to set up in the morning? I can get up earlier if you want." Never mind that the kid is already getting up at 5:30 on Saturday mornings to help. I was deeply touched and said "thank you, that is so kind of you, but no, please don't get up any earlier."

Plus, I got an order for a custom apron from a regular customer. That's always fun.

I need a lot more stock for the booth, for wholesale, and for upcoming events. I also have a special project that needs a bunch of attention too.

Lots of work in the fall as usual...my challenge is to actually get some rest and realize that I DESERVE rest. Yes, that's not what the adults in my life told me when I was a kid, and it is deeply ingrained in me. But I DO deserve rest, darnit! Just need to learn that...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you deserve rest. I am learning that running my own business is very exhausting (not to mention everything else you do).