Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Dinner


A nice big pot roast in the crock pot with potatoes, onions, and carrots. Put some O'Douls Amber on it...I'm not opposed to beer, just don't have any in the house right now. The beginnings of beef stew for a second meal from the crock!

I have to feed a majorly carnivorous 15 year old. Kiddo eats most of their meals with us and has decided that a first-two-weeks South Beach is what they want to do at least for a couple weeks. But meat is in fashion with kiddo pretty much anywhere. I would be totally broke right now (well, actually I am anyway) if it weren't for my $25 freezer. We found it on a bulletin board listing of employee stuff where hubs used to work. I cruise the supermarkets on the way home from school and hit the "must be sold today or tomorrow" bargains and loss leaders.

Pot roast notwithstanding, I refuse to buy stuff byandlarge that isn't at least basically healthful. I don't care if 70/30 ground beef is on sale, I ain't gonna buy it. But for example I got 93/7 ground turkey today for half price (one of K-Rogers loss leaders today) so that I can live with.

No comments: