This morning I was waiting at the physician's office to have my stitches removed, the word "benign" ringing pleasantly in my ears. Before I was called in, the door to the examination rooms opened and someone who is dear to our family emerged. I said "hi there ________" before I even stopped to think. Then I saw that person's spouse (whom we do not know) behind them. The person acknowledged me, said "nice to see you", but in their ashen face and desire to leave the offices as soon as possible, I knew that the news couldn't have been good. The last time I had seen that person they had remarked that they would be having a routine screening test similar to mine soon, and apparently that news had been unsettling to say the least.
With all due respect for this person's privacy, if you happen to stumble upon this blog now and again, please pray for this person. I may not mention their name, but God knows it full well. Please pray for their entire family. To say that I know some of what they are going through now is an understatement. It's almost like living through it all again, in a way.
3 comments:
just want to say that I'll be keeping this friend and family in prayer.
levisgrammy
MJF
Thanks so much for doing that. They have been a special person in our lives for a long time. Thanks again.
I have received word that they have, indeed, been diagnosed with cancer. All of your prayers for them are deeply appreciated!
Post a Comment