Crochet camo visors: When I was recovering from surgery and couldn't do a whole lot, or when I'm waiting for kiddo in a car or in a lobby...I've made more than a few of these. I will post a pic of them. Instead of a yellow edging I made mine camo edged in baby pink. For some reason (unknown to me) I am a preteen girl magnet at church (they're always flocking around me, busily telling me about what they're up to...my hubby says they do it because I actually listen to them...I dunno if that's actually it or not), and so when I got better I returned with a camo visor for each of them. I used pink velcro (you can get that in the closeout bin at JoAnns) instead of snaps because I figured it offered more flexibility in sizing/fit.I should also say that I made the bill of the visor bigger than the pattern specifies. If you add the additional rows in the same criteria as the previous rows, and in increments of two, you'll end up with the same kind of thing but a bigger bill...because I think the bill is a little skimpy.
http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/na_other/article/0,2025,DIY_14142_5334681,00.html
Steering wheel covers: I've made a few of these too and one has graced the wheel of my ancient Honda for a while. Nice on a hot day when you want to have more comfort. The main thing to remember is that they need to fit VERY snugly when you make them. Make them so snug that you really have to fight to put them on. Also, be sure to put some kind of non-slip stuff on the inside of them. I sewed pieces of a rug no-slip material inside, although I have heard of people putting blobs of hot glue on the inside too. This is not optional! The pattern is knit but of course there is no reason it couldn't be crocheted instead. Make one to match your car's color scheme!I did NOT use the fuzzy type yarn, as shown in the DIYnet photo; I think something like a suede yarn would be extra nice. My favorite was an acrylic/wool blend, something about the natural fibers made it extra comfy.
http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/na_knitting/article/0,2025,DIY_14141_5193083,00.html
No comments:
Post a Comment