
...has been cancelled.
With that in mind I will post the recipe kiddo (yep, kiddo!) cooked for us last night. You know the drill if you are a mom or play on on TV like I do, you end up doing about as much work helping them, but I am proud of them!
Kiddo got the hankering for chicken "with tomato sauce and cheese on it". Told them that this was "Chicken Parmiagiana" and we had all the materials needed if they wanted to cook it.
This was a variation from the "Joy of Cooking" cookbook...
You would usually use breaded chicken breasts, but kiddo just used plain ones to save carbs and fat. He put some leftover pizza sauce in a greased 9 x 13 pan, then partially layered the thin cut boneless skinless chicken breasts in the pan, then put some parmesan cheese on it. Then he dumped some spaghetti sauce, basil, and garlic on the chicken breasts and topped with some leftover shredded romano.
Then we baked it at 350 degrees, until an internal temperature of 165 degrees. It could take you half an hour, or maybe longer. I'm guessing 45 min might be more like it if yours aren't thin cut but check it periodically with a meat thermometer and that way you won't be disappointed with raw or overcooked chicken...
With that in mind I will post the recipe kiddo (yep, kiddo!) cooked for us last night. You know the drill if you are a mom or play on on TV like I do, you end up doing about as much work helping them, but I am proud of them!
Kiddo got the hankering for chicken "with tomato sauce and cheese on it". Told them that this was "Chicken Parmiagiana" and we had all the materials needed if they wanted to cook it.
This was a variation from the "Joy of Cooking" cookbook...
You would usually use breaded chicken breasts, but kiddo just used plain ones to save carbs and fat. He put some leftover pizza sauce in a greased 9 x 13 pan, then partially layered the thin cut boneless skinless chicken breasts in the pan, then put some parmesan cheese on it. Then he dumped some spaghetti sauce, basil, and garlic on the chicken breasts and topped with some leftover shredded romano.
Then we baked it at 350 degrees, until an internal temperature of 165 degrees. It could take you half an hour, or maybe longer. I'm guessing 45 min might be more like it if yours aren't thin cut but check it periodically with a meat thermometer and that way you won't be disappointed with raw or overcooked chicken...
Ours didn't quite look like this picture I borrowed off the net, we didn't mess with the parsley, although that would have been nice!
No comments:
Post a Comment