Sunday, February 24, 2008

White Bean Dip with Herbs

I made this dip with a little trepidation. After all, I had gone for the tofu pepperoni in the store the other day (hey, it was on sale!), and made a couple pizzas with it. My hubby grabbed a leftover piece and said "what's with this pepperoni?" Then I had to fess up. Once he took the "pepperoni" off, he would eat the 'za. Oh, well, that's okay.

So I saw this recipe for bean dip and thought "gosh, my luck wasn't too good this week, is this too weird to try to foist on him?"

Actually, no. He liked it.

Instead of actually doing the sauteing of garlic and all that, I just used great northern beans, garlic powder, and the other spices listed. I also added some freshly ground italian spices. I mixed it up with what Emeril calls the "boat motor": a stick blender. Hey, every soaper I know has at least one stick blender. Don't worry, I have a different one for my soap.

This dip was tasty right after making, which I didn't expect. I figured that it would be good only after a few hours of blending, but you don't even have to wait. With great northern beans, this is a very cheap and tasty dip that is even good for you, and goes together really quickly if you just use garlic powder instead. Go figure. I served it with Triscuits and should work great with fresh veggies. Very tasty.

No comments: