Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Rants and raves

Rants: next door neighbors. Bring their dogs out for potty breaks several times a day. The dogs come over to my lawn, drop their poo, and then return to theirs. The neighbors never clean up after them. When the poo is fresh, or it rains, it reeks and sometimes gets tracked in the house. Being these are the neighbors that used to run their go kart through my back yard, there's isn't too much chance of it changing for good. I don't have a dog, but I have a pooper scooper. Kind of ridiculous, really. (I think my usage of the word "poo" is rivaling the frequency of Mike Rowe about now. :-)

Raves: good crossing guards, especially if they smile and wave during their competency. I like that. Also, three hilarious and cuddly cats, and the sound of my hubby laughing about silly videos on the computer and etc. And friends who listen and care. There are some out there, you know. I have to remind myself of that. And you, dear readers. I can't believe that people actually read my blog, but I have received about 1800 hits in a month and a half of tracking, from 42 states and six foreign countries. That blows me away. I am so glad to have a place to share stuff and crafty/foodie stuff, and have people actually want to read it. It's nice not being belittled for being me, as I have fallen into the habit of expecting and am having to learn otherwise.

1 comment:

Allison said...

You can always return the poo to the rightful owner. Don't forget that Valentine's is coming up. It could be just the thing to brighten your neighbor's day. (Be sure to insert sarcasm EVERYWHERE in that comment.) I had a neighbor that did the same thing. Even talked to her about it. She lied. There is someone in my current neighborhood who's canine fecal matter killed my phlox. I'm a little bitter. I'll get over it. I'm glad you have such cool raves! Makes up for all the poo.