Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Hey, are you slow or what?

Ole Chuckie Swindoll had a message that I didn't even completely listen to, because I had heard enough. One day the disciples saw Jesus feed a horde of people (5000?8000? They just counted the men, apparently...hey, us chicks count too!). Then right after that they were in a boat in a storm and Jesus was coming to them on the water, and they were STILL afraid. You would think that after they saw him feed that many people that they would be a little more confident in the storm.

So I don't feel so bad about riding a rollercoaster of trusting, and then not trusting. I guess they did it too. Hopefully I can keep learning to trust.

I don't know what you're doing, God, and often I don't like it, but I still trust you as best I can. Help me with my lack of trust sometimes.

1 comment:

Mel said...

If I'm remembering properly, after he fed a horde one time, he did it again a few months later. Further proof that the disciples, just like us, don't always "get it" the first time.