I panseared three boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a frying pan that had been sprayed with cooking spray. After browning them on both sides, I added dried sage, dill, rosemary, and a couple of cans of mushrooms. Then I doused it all with some leftover white wine and covered it, simmered for fifteenish minutes.
Meanwhile, I cooked half a bag of this lovely spinach garganelli (from Target! on closeout!).
After checking the chicken for doneness, I removed it from the pan.
Then to the pan juices I added some more of the leftover wine, and a cup or so of light sour cream. I'll bet nonfat yogurt would give a similar result. I also added a dash of chicken base (I love this stuff), and salt and pepper. After it was bubbling merrily, I added some cornstarch that had been incorporated into a small bowl of cold water with a fork (the way to avoid lumps).
Once the sauce had thickened, I added the cooked and drained pasta to the pan.
My hubby was duly impressed, and said "What did I do to deserve a gourmet meal? This is really good, and I'm guessing that you made it so it's good for me."
I said "Well, if it tastes good, that's okay, right?" *L*
No comments:
Post a Comment