Monday, February 4, 2008

Whack to the knees

I get disheartened when serious blows come raining down. I keep thinking I should do better with them.

The truth is, though, that I am doing better overall, and I guess I shouldn't expect to build Rome in a day. There's lots o' rubble to clean out of here first, I guess.

Always impatient wtih myself even when I shouldn't be. I guess I have that person to thank.

My hubs is great and supportive through all this. Thank God.

I thought I was over the pain that was dealt today, that I was past expecting anything to get better. Maybe in time I'll do better. But when someone I love is harmed repeatedly for years, it is perhaps appropriate to have a really, really tough time with it.

Don't want to share this hurt with friends, knowing it is part of a serious wound that has lingered, festered, gotten WAY infected over eight years. I just pray I get past this as much as is possible. My expectations are tempered, and that's probably good/appropriate.

And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return], developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you. --Philippians 1:6, Amplified, translated by J.B. Phillips, a man who struggled mightily with depression, but yet was used by God.

No comments: