I didn't think I'd like Muesli, as I usually like my cereals really crunchy. But after reading about Muesli in the Mediterrasian Cookbook, I decided it was worth a try. I changed it, of course.
Here's my version:
One whole box of Nature's Path Heritage Flakes. You could use Wheaties if you prefer.
Four cups old fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup diced dried apricots
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1/2 cup shredded coconut
Mix it all up in an airtight container. Then when ready to eat, pour some in a bowl, douse it with soy milk to keep that perimenopause gremlin from messing up your day (well, at least for me that does seem to help) and let it soak a little bit before eating. It was actually good, which to me was a big surprise, and it was way easy to make.
No comments:
Post a Comment