Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Interesting stuff

Mother Teresa's crisis of faith is actually encouraging and instructive for me. Here are some of her quotes from the article...

[Jesus:] Wilt thou refuse to do this for me? ... You have become my Spouse for my love — you have come to India for Me. The thirst you had for souls brought you so far — Are you afraid to take one more step for Your Spouse — for me — for souls? Is your generosity grown cold? Am I a second to you?
[Teresa:] Jesus, my own Jesus — I am only Thine — I am so stupid — I do not know what to say but do with me whatever You wish — as You wish — as long as you wish. [But] why can't I be a perfect Loreto Nun — here — why can't I be like everybody else.
[Jesus:] I want Indian Nuns, Missionaries of Charity, who would be my fire of love amongst the poor, the sick, the dying and the little children ... You are I know the most incapable person — weak and sinful but just because you are that — I want to use You for My glory. Wilt thou refuse?
— in a prayer dialogue recounted to Archbishop Ferdinand Perier, January 1947
On Sept. 10, 1946, after 17 years

"I want to love Jesus as he has never been loved before."

If this brings You glory — if souls are brought to you — with joy I accept all to the end of my life.
— to Jesus, undated

1 comment:

Allison said...

when i read something like this i can't help but feel selfish and stupid for anything i have complained about. what an amazing example of what our lives are to be like.