If you are looking for healthy recipes you may want to sign up for Dr. Weil's email recipes. This one is very good indeed. I was skeptical since it didn't have any butter or eggs, and didn't have a lot of oil, but the honey works really well. And it's even vegan, if you are willing to eat honey. The recipe specifically asks for whole wheat pastry flour. I didn't have that so I whirled some regular whole wheat flour in the food processor for a while. Maybe I did nothing to it, but perhaps it made it lighter. It seemed to, anyway.
Overly ripe bananas are placed in plastic bags (without the peels of course) and frozen around here. A quick microwave and maybe a few pulses with a stick blender will prepare them for this recipe. Frozen bananas are great for things like smoothies as well.
The main thing was that this actually went over well at home with the dudes. I have often made banana bread for the kiddo because he frequently requests it. Now I can do it with a pretty clear conscience! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment