Sunday, February 24, 2008

Thanks, Phil

We had a guest speaker today...he reminded me that

*God shows up in the midst of my weakness. Wow, God must really be showing up about now, although it seems like he isn't.

*So I'm weak. So what? I want to live life fully and embrace God's plan for me fully anyway. If I were strong, I would probably live under the false assumption that I could make it quite fine on my own. Yeah, as if.

*Who can I love well around me? That's easy. I know who. And I want to, please help me.

So it's okay that I am where I am. Hey, I knew that already, but I really need people to tell me that. Someone close to our family reminded me that it was wise to stay away from the extremely toxic person(s) in my life. It's one thing to hear professionals say it, but to hear a believer who is dear to me say that is an important reassurance. It's hard to be estranged, but there is no other choice at present and it is better than the other option...to bow to the relentless abuse. Can't do that, no way, no how, not again.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Thanks for the summary. Being hall monitor means I don't always get to hear the sermon very well. Loving well is hard to do. Reminds me of the Switchfoot song about being amateur lovers and amateur friends. Ouch.

nashbabe said...

I WUV switchfoot!