The U23D Movie, that is. I'll never get that close to the band, even if I paid a scalper a king's ransom, which I ain't got. Thank you Cynthia and Robert for the lovely gift.
I'm going back. This does NOT lend itself to my twenty seven inch TV.
Saw it on IMAX; I hope that's how everyone gets to see it. Totally cool, although they all looked so wrinkly (well, not Larry Mullen Jnr.). ;-)
The review I read seemed to understand the movie fairly well as a movie reviewer, but not necessarily as a longterm U2 fan. The reviewer commented that the movie primarily stuck to the format of a pure concert film but that it was distracting and over the top when they performed "The Fly". What that reviewer apparently did not understand was that the song in question was from the "Achtung Baby" period, when Bono was quoted as saying the album was "the sound of four men trying to chop down The Joshua Tree." Yes, it WAS distracting. THAT WAS THE POINT.
Saw an interesting post about Bono's "coexist" stuff in the movie, thanks to AKAPastorGuy.
No comments:
Post a Comment