Why do I make stuff? Well, in my case, I have a steady outlet to sell it as I do farmer's markets and shows and do some wholesale as well as an antique mall space. But at the present time I do believe there is more to it, and perhaps it will help you as well so here goes.
Seems like I am making stuff right now to have some order and sense in my life. So many outside forces are pushing really hard on hubs and I, and so much of it is in seemingly utter disarray without much we can realistically do about it. (Although I know God is working somehow and maybe I can't really see what is happening...doesn't feel like anything good is happening, but hey, I am pretty limited in my perspective.) So perhaps creating stuff gives some semblance of control or completion in the midst of what seems to be mostly other people's chaos we have to live with..
So now that I've pontificated...the apron for today. I have a weakness for denim remnants, even the ugly ones. And this one was ugly when I got it. Deep blue, very stiff, no real character. Denim is so darned useful but why in the heck did this one make it home? Insanity, perhaps.
Well, I threw it in the washer and randomly splashed bleach on it, then washed in hot water. Then did that over a couple of times. Ended up with this (I think) groovy looking denim. Made some bias tape to jazz it up. Learned yet again (relearned) that really firm denim doesn't gather...so just randomly hand pleated it, very loosely. The final effect looks pretty decent, I think...
2 comments:
Very Cute!
Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).
Post a Comment