waxing philosophical yet again...
A couple somewhat helpful things happened in our lives...I am truly grateful. Not huge in the scheme of things, but whatever happens even on the periphery is great.
Friends are having such a tough time around us as well. One of our friends needs surgery but has no insurance, and their spouse appears to have a recurrent tumor...I'm assuming malignant because the first one was. Here's a time where I wish I'd win the Powerball...not that I play...the lottery is a tax on poor people and anyone else who doesn't understand statistics. At least I can make her an apron...now there's an idea. It's so lame compared to what they need, though.
We have other friends who are making a huge sacrifice for some people who don't really seem to appreciate it. That's all I'm going to say for the sake of their privacy. I see it eating my friends alive, and I know that they are trying their best to serve God in the midst of it. It isn't readily apparent to me if the situation is going very well, but it doesn't seem to be. Other than point them to as many community and government resources as possible, there isn't a lot we can do as we are maxed out helping the kiddo and the others in our families.
This is probably a really good situation to be in, as we rarely lose sight of the fact that God has to show up for anything substantive to be done. There is little or no confusion about this. We known darned well we're at the end of our ropes, and there is strength in knowing that. Yeah, I still am way overdoing it, but I know I can't fix pretty much any of the tough situations we're in...we have to do what we can (which is virtually nothing in the grand scheme of things, it seems) and let God do the rest (which really at the end of the day is everything).
Anyway, just a couple examples of people we love, but can't really help.
No comments:
Post a Comment