So here is my take on a baby afghan circa July 07. This little girl will be coming into a family with four, count 'em, FOUR big brothers. I figure that quite soon she will be a toddler, and might want her own bright, cheery, blankie to drag around. So here is the bright thingie I whipped up.
Somehow I think the "afghan to use up your leftover yarn" is a figment of one's imagination. Inevitably I run out of something or another, and have to go out and buy more yarn. Don't be alarmed, you dyelot people--I check dyelots too, but we're just talking Super Saver here. If I'm thinking this little girl is going to drag this thing around, it is for darn sure going to be virtually indestructible and machine washable.
I like modular afghans, because I sit and wait a lot. Wait in a car for a kid to show up, sit in waiting rooms, etc. Working on a hot afghan in the summer when you have to drag the whole thing with you gets wild as you near the end. But of course weaving in the ends is a major hemorrhoid. Maybe I'll split the difference and do a mile a minute next time. ;-)
Mandy Wandy again, she only shows up every time I try to take a picture of stuff, I swear. ;-)The core circles are from a pattern book called "Vanna White's Favorite Crochet Gifts". I know, I know, Vanna White, but gimme a break--even if there are photos of her on nearly every other page *egads*, there are nice patterns in the book. The circles are from an afghan pattern called "Amish Tribute" or something like that. I have already made a complete afghan in that pattern so this time I just connected circles without making them into squares and did a border. Give the book at least a looksee, don't dismiss it just because Vanna's in it. I know, I know, that's highly questionable, but the patterns ARE good.
No comments:
Post a Comment