
There is a piece of fabric I've been holding on to for a few years now. My father died a few years back, and shortly before his birthday. I had purchased some John Deere fabric to make him some pillows for a birthday gift. Kitschy? Sure, but my dad made his living as a farmer, and worked so hard to provide for us. he wasn't much for gifts, and often said he already had everything he needed...so I thought I would make him something I thought he would like.
I am grateful for all he did. He always liked farm type stuff even after he was retired, and one of his favorite gifts I gave him was a metal diecast tractor (a model of his favorite tractor we'd had on the farm, an IH C...
I had the fabric in the stash for this time, not knowing what to do with it...and because of the memories attached to it, not wanting to just dispose of it either. It makes me think of all the hard work he did and what living on a farm was all about.
Finally something dawned on me. I know a "farmgirl" who has a couple sons. The youngest just arrived on the scene fairly recently. The older one is still a little boy, and probably a little jealous of all the attention the younger one gets recently.
So I'm working on a quillow for Will. He doesn't know and I wouldn't expect him to know what the meaning of the fabric is. For me, it's letting go of a memory, and letting a youngster have fun with a farm motif.
Hope you enjoy it, Will. I am enjoying making it for you. God bless ya, little man... :-)
I am grateful for all he did. He always liked farm type stuff even after he was retired, and one of his favorite gifts I gave him was a metal diecast tractor (a model of his favorite tractor we'd had on the farm, an IH C...
I had the fabric in the stash for this time, not knowing what to do with it...and because of the memories attached to it, not wanting to just dispose of it either. It makes me think of all the hard work he did and what living on a farm was all about.
Finally something dawned on me. I know a "farmgirl" who has a couple sons. The youngest just arrived on the scene fairly recently. The older one is still a little boy, and probably a little jealous of all the attention the younger one gets recently.
So I'm working on a quillow for Will. He doesn't know and I wouldn't expect him to know what the meaning of the fabric is. For me, it's letting go of a memory, and letting a youngster have fun with a farm motif.
Hope you enjoy it, Will. I am enjoying making it for you. God bless ya, little man... :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment