Random yet deliberate ruminations on art and crafty stuff, the state of education, munchies, various psychoses, and a not-your-standard-garden-variety life.
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
More craftiness as usual...
I took hub's twill shorts that were destined for the trash bin because of holes in certain unwearable places and made one of those crazy bags out of them. He was impressed but probably it was only because I doubt he realizes others have made these for a while. ;-) I took some fat quarter fabric and made a loud striped lining for the thing, and used a little pocket from the legs that I had to cut off for a key pocket on the interior of the bag. Rather than add handles like these bags usually get, I took the fabric from the legs and made a long drawstring for the bag. You could either pull the drawstring or pull it in a couple of places and make a shorter pair of handles of sorts. It still needs a little something, though, and I will add that something-or-another before taking a photo. ;- ) It was a little bulky sometimes for my twenty-five year old machine, but hey, it was fun anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment