
Mother's Day. Yikes. Not my favorite day. I prayed that somehow God would send some encouragement my way this weekend. Mother's Day always falls on a Sunday, so I have to watch the moms get recognized and appreciated. Glad for them, sad for me. It's stressful and grief-laden on several levels and my husband hung out with me all afternoon and evening just to lend some extra, much-needed love and support. I certainly am grateful for the companionship on a day like today.
Yesterday, completely unprompted, some friends and fellow vendors at market came to me and told me they wanted me to select a flowering plant (all so nice, large, and beautiful...where does one begin?) because they thought I really deserved a Mother's Day present. They knew enough about me to understand, and frankly, I shed a few tears when they made their wonderful offer. You know who you are, and you know I appreciate you.
Then when I returned home this afternoon, there were two lovely hanging baskets on the front doorstep. Neither hubs or I know from whence they appeared, or at least hubs isn't letting on. I'm very grateful, again, for the loving thought.
Why haven't I actively been seeking encouragement? Because it looks weak and needy, and stupid, and groveling. But I prayed, and my prayers were answered. Lord, I could use some more encouragement. Please, I'm not trying to be greedy here...but Mother's Day always saps the life and peace from my soul for a while.
3 comments:
What could I possibly say that wouldn't sound trite? Probably nothing, so hugs to you, Friend.
I've seen you be a great mom. I think the baskets and encouragement are a sign that I'm not the only one to see that quality in you.
You obviously touch many lives even when you don't even know it. What a tribute to your journey!
Smiles,
Lea
Post a Comment