Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Tonight's Pot Luck

Every week we do a potluck in our small group. Our group has literally been through hell and back it would seem: three cancer scares (one that has come to fruition, one that thankfully didn't, and one pending), a homeless family of seven basically kind of overtaking a member's family's house, serious back problems, a child frequently heading to the emergency room for serious maladies they can't quite seem to diagnose, etc. Oh yeah, and a family that is dealing with major mental illness (five or six people in one couple's daily dealings). And as to which family is the latter one...I'll give ya three guesses and the first two don't count, and if you don't know, you don't know our family very well. ;-)

It is always great to eat together and pray together, Lord knows we need it right now.

Here is what I'm bringing tonight...

Your basic pad thai. Yep, people like it and it is darned cheap to acquire through your local international market. I do have fish sauce and sometimes do make my own sauce, but ya know, I'm lazy about it and often just use the premade sauce, available at the international market. Here's the New York Times recipe I base it on...

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/15/magazine/15food.html?ex=1187236800&en=af6df81c1a761e1e&ei=5070

You'll have to scroll down a ways to get it. Yes, I have found that kids like it generally speaking.

Then I'm making a fab tuna casserole with spinach. I'm no huge Rachael Ray fanatic but the Express Lane cookbook is pretty practical for me. Even my hubby likes it. I don't see it posted on the web but if I do I will include it.

No comments: