
Around here the alarm rings around 5:45 or so. Time enough to run around and pack kiddo's lunch (they don't have a cafeteria, let alone a library...don't get me started or we'll be here all day), hub's lunch (gotta save money to send kiddo to the school without cafeteria or library), and get a breakfast churned out for all three of us. Hub is easy, but kiddo usually wants a nice warm serving of leftover meat from last night (hey, kiddo is an interesting kid with interesting taste). Then I jump in the car (unless hub's doing morning shift) for a two hour or so shift of morning school drive.
Breakfast has been a problem for me. Way too much fast food. Now that I have been getting away from fast food I can see both how chunky (beyond chunky!) it has made me and how bad I felt eating it that often. Driving a kid with a major psychological problem around can be pretty stressful and I have often drowned those stresses in beige food.
Still, I don't really have much time. So I have finally found something that works...making sure I get lots of protein and fiber for breakfast. Finally I am not so tempted to give in to the beigeness on the way home, trying desperately to jettison the intense stress of kiddo throwing a big ol fit of impulsive anger/rage, or just being very rude/sullen (unfortunately a lot more than the average teenager) .
If I have no time those Kashi bars are helping out a lot, or maybe some whole wheat cereal with a high protein / high fiber cereal (Kashi Go Lean or Cascadian Farm Weight Management) with some vanilla soymilk (what is happening to me!!! don't tell me I'm going veg?????!!!!).
But I saw Ham On The Street last night and saw something I need to try (while avoiding the yummy looking grilled chocolate sandwiches he made--get behind me satan!) Breakfast Pizza!
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_32754,00.html
I would probably do mostly egg whites, and make my own crust in the bread machine. And I bet I could add even more fiber, surreptitiously. But I guess a whole wheat Boboli would do. And it does go without saying that I will need to make this ahead of time. I could probably just freeze slices and microwave them while I'm putting together all the food for kiddo and hubs...
And you know I'm crazy enough to consider breakfast for dinner. ;-)
Oh, here's that chocolate sandwich recipe, I know you want it. ;-)
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_32755,00.html
Breakfast has been a problem for me. Way too much fast food. Now that I have been getting away from fast food I can see both how chunky (beyond chunky!) it has made me and how bad I felt eating it that often. Driving a kid with a major psychological problem around can be pretty stressful and I have often drowned those stresses in beige food.
Still, I don't really have much time. So I have finally found something that works...making sure I get lots of protein and fiber for breakfast. Finally I am not so tempted to give in to the beigeness on the way home, trying desperately to jettison the intense stress of kiddo throwing a big ol fit of impulsive anger/rage, or just being very rude/sullen (unfortunately a lot more than the average teenager) .
If I have no time those Kashi bars are helping out a lot, or maybe some whole wheat cereal with a high protein / high fiber cereal (Kashi Go Lean or Cascadian Farm Weight Management) with some vanilla soymilk (what is happening to me!!! don't tell me I'm going veg?????!!!!).
But I saw Ham On The Street last night and saw something I need to try (while avoiding the yummy looking grilled chocolate sandwiches he made--get behind me satan!) Breakfast Pizza!
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_32754,00.html
I would probably do mostly egg whites, and make my own crust in the bread machine. And I bet I could add even more fiber, surreptitiously. But I guess a whole wheat Boboli would do. And it does go without saying that I will need to make this ahead of time. I could probably just freeze slices and microwave them while I'm putting together all the food for kiddo and hubs...
And you know I'm crazy enough to consider breakfast for dinner. ;-)
Oh, here's that chocolate sandwich recipe, I know you want it. ;-)
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_32755,00.html
No comments:
Post a Comment