Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Spending bender...

The hoarder in our life is on a spending bender. I mean MAJOR. Never is it more clear that this is a disease that looks a lot like addictions in general, than when these happen. Problem is they are most of the time it seems...but this one is bigger and nastier. Seems like nothing else matters to them but their stuff. Always the best of everything for themselves, but we know that there won't even be a card for my husband's (their son's) birthday, all under the guise of "I don't have any money to spare."

Who needs hundreds upon hundreds of bucks of kitchen supplies and cookbooks when they don't even have a kitchen in their senior apartment, just as one example of many???

Either this person is losing their grip on reality, or they seem to be one of the most selfish people ever. Just my 2 cents. I'll keep praying for this hoarder and praying for wisdom for us in dealing with them.

No comments: