Monday, August 27, 2007

Searchin' for protein...

I've been looking for high protein breakfast bar recipes that don't stink. If I find any I like I will post them. The Kashi go lean bars are good but if I can make some too that would be a nice variety. Don't really want to pay $1.50 to $2 for those weird individually packaged things that largely taste like you're eating fiberboard with sticky strange chocolate on top.

I bought a box of the powder packets of Special K Protein Water to try. I couldn't see buying one bottle of the already-hydrated Protein Water for $1.50 but the same price for seven packets I could add to water seemed okay. I was concerned because the product name is gross (although it is a "duck", walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, so call it a duck" so far as clear communication) and they go to great lengths to shrinkwrap the whole bottle (what's in there? does it look really gross so you feel you need to hide it? What???). However, I bought the pink lemonade kind and it was just fine. 30 cals and 5 grams of protein is a pretty good deal. I think I'll add it to some iced tea.

No comments: