Someone who has abused me for years is trying a new tack. Now the plan is to have someone else call me and tell me how I should contact the first person, that they are so kind and nice.
Grrrrrrr.
Someone very close to me said "This is like getting getting shot by a person every time you see them, and then you decide that you are not willing to get shot any more so you avoid them. The person who shot you can't figure out for the life of them why you aren't willing to let them shoot you any more, and is angry about it and lonely."
Exactly.
I love and care for the abuser, but I cannot allow myself to be abused any longer. This is a situation with no positive outcome, other than continue to insulate myself from the abuse. It's gutwrenching, but it's the only way. Period.
I am just now for the first time in my life feeling a glimmer of peace and healing, self-knowledge, and being embraced by God in love and care. I know that sounds bizarre or unbelieveable, but it is true. I have lived in fear and trauma all my life and I just can't do it anymore.
I'm not going back.
2 comments:
That's really hard to do. Yay for sticking with your boundaries! Sounds like you are working really hard. I am glad you are enjoying some rewards.
It is for freedom that Christ has set you free. Praying for you this week!
Post a Comment