I haven't posted about education for a long time, probably because of my high frustration level both with our local public school district. I literally don't know any student who has actually graduated from any of the three high schools on our side of town.
If you know me you know that I am also very disappointed in the extremely lax education of kiddo's current private school. Kiddo calls their school "more like a day care" and unfortunately, they're right. Unless kiddo's mom does something, and God comes through, there isn't a whit I can do about that.
But that's not why I'm posting.
Kiddo's public school of zone had the students turn in all their textbooks at least five weeks before the end of the school year "for inventory." Might have been six weeks, I need to check.
What the heck are those kids doing for the last five weeks of school? If that's six weeks in actuality, that's almost 14% of the school year with no books.
I know at least a couple of the parents at the school are aghast, but I have no dog in the hunt so I can go ahead and call it what it deserves: a stupid action. Arrgh.
1 comment:
My niece is in 7th grade at one of our county's public schools. She said they've already taken all their end of year tests. Again, what to do with the rest of the year? She said they will be prepping for next year, but since she'll forget most of it over the summer anyways, she wasn't going to pay much attention. Wow.
Post a Comment