This tells you a little something about the health of folks in glittery Nashvegas these days.
Yesterday: after trying for a good half hour to get something other than a busy signal (and no, AT&T, I am NOT going to pay you $1.20 to keep calling this number for me till it's no longer busy), I get my doctor's nurses' voicemail as requested. She calls in a while, asks about symptoms and whatnot, and says she'll call back.
Someone else calls me from the practice and says my doctor can't see me tomorrow. Hey, I don't even WANT her to see me. She's on chemo, or just finished, and I have NO desire to give her this crap. The person on the line suggests another doctor in the practice that has been helping out while my ABSOLUTE JEWEL of a doctor is recovering from all the crap she's had to deal with. Hey, that is fine with me on so many levels.
This morning, on my way to the appointment, I get a call. "That doctor called in sick and (yet) another doctor will try to work you in."
They were very helpful.
But I did mention that this was good and bad news.
Good news: I don't have strep, and (drumroll please) I HAVE LOST TWELVE POUNDS since the last doctor weigh-in. Yahoo. I guess walking, trying to eat better, and a couple bouts of sickness combined to at least a start on my quest for shrinkage.
Bad news: Doc thinks I have a virus, so two more days of this suffering before they want me to take antibiotics. They said they didn't think the antibiotics would help anyway.
So there you have it.
No comments:
Post a Comment