






...time to announce my return from the dead. Whoa, that was some nasty stuff. I'm not completely over it yet, but mostly. Ten days later! Arrgh. ;-P
Drake treated us fans to an awesome game on CBS. Yeah, CBS with Dick Enberg gushing about our team. I know some of you people are used to this, but it has been a long, long time since Drake has had such basketball notoriety.
Although I should mention that in 1969 we went to the Final Four and lost by three points to Lew Alcindor (yep, that's Kareem Abdul-Jabbar to those of you who aren't that old) and UCLA. There was a third place game in those days and we beat North Carolina by around 20 points.
So we're saying...
buff em to a gloss!
wax em to a shine!
party like it's 1969! :-)
The best quote we heard on the TV show was at halftime...Mitch Holtus said, "Cinderella is turning into Godzilla...and Godzilla is on the honor roll!"
I was PROUD, yep, PROUD, when Drake abandoned its Division I football program years ago and joined the Pioneer League instead. They took the money saved and wired the entire dorm complex for the internet, and made sure each student had a computer. This was quite a number of years ago, maybe 15.
And the proudest moment for us is that this is a team that demands a HIGHER GPA than the NCAA requires in order to participate, that there is a double major and a quadruple major on the team, and that we have the winner of the Academic All American Award for universities. Yep, the number one Academic All American.
Hey, how far can they go? Who knows. But we will continue to enjoy the ride while it lasts.
And if you like Seinfeld, here ya go...
1 comment:
Congrats! That's terrific.
Post a Comment