
...have been a great encouragement. A couple of things we have labored over for months, one for over a year, have started to show signs of life and positive motion. Perhaps remembering the psalm about continuing to sow seed despite many tears of despair has been the great comfort and encouragement we needed. God is at work, which I knew intellectually but not in the deep core of my being. My heart's getting some much needed encouragement today and I am so grateful.
Perhaps this is a good moment to share something I wrote the other day before this all happened.
The rain, whether from the sky or from my eyes, almost always happens on a dark and gloomy day. If my heart is like receptive soil, and not hardened, I can receive something helpful and nurturing from the rain, rather than having it roll off without benefit. I can actually grow and not just be eroded and swept away.
No comments:
Post a Comment