After a night of watching kiddo and hubs bowl in their league (a silly, strangely out of place activity that has become kind of a "family" bonding experience despite its low level of intellectual pursuit--and we're a "family" of sorts, aren't we?), I went outside to the car and realized that someone had stolen the logo off the trunk. It was pretty obvious, a trio of finger marks in the light layer of dust surrounding where the logo had been.Good grief, people, it's an early 90's Honda. How could that be something worth stealing?
I'm sure they thought it wasn't that big of a deal, didn't even think of the ramifications for me. But the main thing was that it was the last straw. I was already stressed, angry, searching for answers, continually trying to put all the junk back in God's hands where it belongs. But this could have just pushed me over the edge.
Later, I thought about the small hurtful, insensitive, or possibly injurious things I have likely done, really without regard for others. It didn't seem like much at the time, but for all I know it could have been the straw that broke the camel's back, as it were. I do tend to walk on eggshells because of my family history, but we all veer toward Self-Centered Land, and it gave me pause. At least by this stupid situation I was reminded to go as gently as I can into the world and be as helpful and complimentary as I can.
And by the way, the fabulous nashbabe (that would be me) ventured to the auto parts store all by her lonesome, picked out the needed products to fix and reasonably seal/paint the affected area, and am finishing the repair later today. Won't be perfect, but it will be reasonably mended, and I'm fairly certain that rain water won't leak into the trunk as it would if I just ignored the problem.
So that's not all bad.
1 comment:
Kermit's tough... he doesn't need the bling to know what an awesome piece of machinery he is!
Post a Comment