Saturday, December 29, 2007

Not self hypnosis


Just a challenge to me and to everyone. I have been suggesting to kiddo that they think of three good things that happened to them today (or any day). Kiddo has a helluva lot of pain from their life, but things to be joyful about as well. This isn't an attempt for any of us to ignore the very real problems and seemingly insurmountable obstacles put before us at present, but to recognize and acknowledge the good things that are happening too.

Three good things:

1. hubs fixed the garage door, and very promptly
2. after kiddo works out hard, the brain chemicals are such that they are very nice to talk with for about twenty or thirty minutes...I cherish that time. (then right back into the abyss, but I know it and recognize the pattern, at least)
3. cheese bread with garlic is really yummmy on homemade wheat bread in the new toaster oven!

I dare ya...think of three good things about today. Bet you can! :-)

2 comments:

Mel said...

This does work. At the advice of S.W., when I'm feeling particulary grumpy, I start naming things I'm thankful for. At times the list starts with things as glamorous as "toothpaste" but gradually my mood imroves and I can think of more "real" things to thank God for.

nashbabe said...

You? Grumpy? Naaaaah. :-)