Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Tonight's pot luck...


A Bisquick pie. Just go over to bisquick dot com and look over the impossible type pie recipes, and put one together. Don't bother to use their exact recipes, just mix up the eggs and Bisquick the way they say and add other stuff. I used eggs (use an egg and whites to cut down cholesterol if you want), drained a can of spinach thoroughly, and used cut up chicken, mozzarella cheese, and bacon bits. Bake according to their recipes. I used half a can of spinach per pie and made two...so one was available to freeze and use later. Be absolutely sure to drain the spinach thoroughly! I always used frozen spinach before but figured canned spinach would work for that, and yep, it does. They also have vegetarian ideas...and use the reduced fat Bisquick (well, I actually use the K-Roger stuff) if you like.

A couple of roasted chickens...hey, that was on sale. I marinated 'em in italian dressing.

Canned baked beans to which I added smoke flavoring, bacon bits, and some BBQ sauce.

Broccoli was on super cheap sale so I'm gonna shred the stalks and shred some carrots and make broccoli slaw...Here's a bunch of broccoli slaw recipes, grab a few and combine the bits you like into something groovy (that's how I plan to do it)...apparently broccoli is a lot more nutrient filled if you eat it raw, so why not! So long as I use light mayo so as to not obliterate its health benefits...;-P

http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-0,broccoli_slaw,FF.html

No comments: