Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Jekyll and Hyde, as "normal" (but it's not normal!)...

Yesterday morning I picked kiddo up at their abode to take them to school. Kiddo was pleasant, conversant, witty, nice to be around. Asking them a question invoked a response, rather than an outburst of loud and angry "I don't knows" or simmering rage. In this situation, kiddo makes me think "yeah, this kid really needs to be in a better school, and they could handle it."

But I know better.

After school the more predictable rages came again. This is "normal" for kiddo, but it's not normal in real life. A gentle question will get a "I don't know" in rage or a completely frustrated kid. I expect teenage angst, but this ain't it.

As I dropped kiddo off, they opened a zippered cooler to put a couple wrappers in it so they wouldn't be on the floor of the car (I didn't ask kiddo to to this, they just did.) The zipper didn't open easily so kiddo angrily attempted to basically rip the zipper open, trembling and raging. Somehow kiddo managed to knock a number of other things on the floor too, including my cell phone.

Told you, I know better. The second example is pretty much standard for this poor kid. Please, Lord, help kiddo get the help they need. They deserve it, and with health insurance it is easy to get now (kiddo's copayments are between $3 and $5, not exactly overwhelming...hell, I'LL pay 'em!) Sorry for the outburst. Lord, please deal with my unbelief, I still believe.

No comments: