Friday, October 12, 2007

Brush with fashion greatness


After my dentist appt (yay! no work needed beyond my cleaning!!!--that's a good one for me), I went to an uppity fabric store I hadn't yet visited. Fortunately there wasn't anything I absolutely had to have at that point, because it was up to $29.98 a yard for some stuff, and more for others. They had nifty patterns though.

I saw the great Manuel checking out...with a handler or assistant. That was kinda cool. Here's more about him...

But hey, par for the course in Nashvegas. I've worked with, sat by, shopped alongside, went to cross country meets week after week, with stars or folks who ended up being superstars, or their wives or exwives. Heck, even a very famous NASCAR driver.

And here in the Music City, we leave 'em alone. It's an unwritten rule. And I like it that way. They're off the road, they're at home relaxing or seeing their family, and that's how it oughta be.

I hear Nicole Kidman, known around here as "that Australian lady married to Keith Urban" (ha!) likes shopping at Bed Bath and Beyond in Cool Springs, and hanging out at Bread and Company in Green Hills. Apparently Keith and Nicole decided their main base oughta be here and just bought a bunch of land or a farm or something.

I just hope people continue to leave them the heck alone. You KNOW I will...

2 comments:

Mel said...

Gee. I've lived in Nashville 12 years, worked in Franklin for 8 of them, and my only celebrity siting has been George Jones at Luby's Cafeteria. Or, perhaps I've seen them and since I'm not overly observant, I just don't recognize anyone. Everyone's safe with me!

nashbabe said...

I think the funniest one was seeing Brenda Lee at the KMart at Nolensville and Harding. I guess that's the closest KMart to Green Hills and Belle Meade... *L*