Monday, October 8, 2007

Not entirely deserved; aka the cheese alert


A friend at church told me yesterday that I was a "rock" for having stood strong throughout the major disruptive events of our life in the past couple years.

Not really. Here's my cheesy phrase alert; you've been warned.

I'm clinging to THE rock. It ain't me. And strength must be defined by being extremely weak and knowing it, and trusting someone a lot stronger.

That does sound entirely cheesy; but it is something deeply experienced over the last stretch of time. Somehow it has become very real to me during this time. There really isn't anything else out there to cling to, and that's the truth. Wish there was sometimes, but honestly, there isn't.

Going through hell has made me want heaven all the more. And I am so grateful for friends who have encouraged along the way. Thanks guys...you are appreciated more than you know.

No comments: