Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The race is on...

After waiting a while, I did actually get that new account. They had purchased a competitor's products right before I called. Hubs said "didn't you feel intimidated when you saw the other stuff in the store?" I said "no, I figured as quickly as they answered my call to gauge their interest, they knew they wanted my stuff instead." It's kind of an old account, actually, but enough of that...this is a public blog. I ain't going into that here...but these guys are the good guys...

When I brought my first order in there Friday, they actually applauded as I came through the door. I figured someone famous came in behind me...after all, this is Nashvegas! But they were welcoming me there.

They sold a very significant amount of product in the first business day, and I have already had to restock with a bigger amount of stuff. And a third of the stuff I brought over is already spoken for with one customer. Yikes.

This could get good...and also quite tiring. But a good kind of tiring.

The owner went out of their way to let me know how happy they were to have my stuff in their store. That was super cool and not what I expected. Usually it's just business, ya know?

So if I don't blog much for the next month or so, you'll know why... ;-) Lord knows we need the money. It is really, really hard to make ends meet, because kiddo's school bills are so very high. God will provide, somehow...

As sucky as things have been as of late, it is nice to have some positive stuff going on, and I am grateful.

4 comments:

Mel said...

Maybe the repayment for the years the locusts have eaten has begun. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

So remind us readers where we can buy your fabulous candles. I have an aunt who has been begging for another one of your candles ever since I gave her one for Christmas three years ago!

nashbabe said...

Well, thank you for asking, dear. My wax thingies can be purchased on your side o' town at Art & Invention, from the fabulous owner Meg...lovely eye pillows and pine cone potpourri are there also! :-) And tell your aunt a heartfelt thanks from me.

nashbabe said...

Oh, and I have a miserably small, photo-weak etsy site...I will work on it after I get this order out and put up some apronage as well, not to mention photos.

http://www.alittlesplurge.etsy.com