Random yet deliberate ruminations on art and crafty stuff, the state of education, munchies, various psychoses, and a not-your-standard-garden-variety life.
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Try this yummy salad
This isn't going to read like a regular recipe because I started out with a base recipe and now I just kind of put it together with whatever I have available. It's helping me meet my goal of eating a lot more vegetables this year. One cup dry orzo--prepare according to package. I like the whole wheat but it's not necessary. Drain and let cool...then put into a large tupperware type container. Add several glugs of citrus juices. Orange and lime are nice together. I have also used thawed limeade in a pinch. Mix with some vinegar (I usually use cider vinegar) and a splash of olive oil. Some salt, pepper, and cilantro would be nice about now. Maybe a splash of cumin or other seasoning if you like. I add a couple cut up avocados at this point and mix well. The citrus juice will keep the avocados from darkening. Then add some chopped up veggies. Make it really colorful if you can. I like red and green peppers, celery, carrots, maybe some asparagus, whatever suits your mood. Crunchy veggies are nice in the mix. Let the flavors blend in the fridge for a few hours and then enjoy. This is nice and easy since it doesn't matter that much what veggies you use...I do recommend the avocado each time, and asparagus if you happen to have any.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment