DH's cousin's daughter is going to the University of Colorado (Boulder) this fall. We're a little short on big-bucks gifts for her, DH's goddaughter. But we came up with something that we hope is cool. It is a fleece quillow I made for her with hub's help. For those of you who don't know, a quillow is a quilt or blanket that has a pocket on one end, so you can fold up the quilt into its own pocket (often a decorative pocket), making it into a pillow.
This one is made in school colors of course. The quillow blanket part and pillow pocket parts are both blanket stitched with pearl cotton (an embroidery type thread but thicker) and the logo was copied out by my dear hubs. I tracing-papered it to iron on interfacing which I had set up so the glossy side would iron on to the fleece wrong side, to correctly show the logo on the right side of the fleece. The interfacing gave me just enough oomph to blanket stitch the logo onto the pillow pocket.
My hub had suggested putting a larger contrast logo on the blanket part. After all the blanket stitch I have done on the thing already, I said heck no. Here's your quillow, mail it to your goddaughter and find a card, will ya? ;-) We'll get her something else too, but we're hoping she likes this custom gift.
No comments:
Post a Comment