Lately I have been sewing a lot. It has been stress relief for me, although not nearly enough stress relief. Bulletin boards, eye pillows, shoulder bags, etc. Sometimes it's a productive thing and sometimes it's probably an avoidant thing...although avoiding some of the massive stress producers hubs and I have going on in our lives is quite possibly useful as well. I have a minor pile of fabric now and a too-large stash of yarn. I dive into it at times like these.
Isn't it interesting how animals know when you're stressed and do a particularly good job of trying to comfort and cuddle. Our three feline beasties have been especially close lately.
Hubs and I have been likening our situation to being burn patients. People try to brush up against us in a loving way sometimes and the sensation is almost too much to bear. We do appreciate our loving friends, though...
Really, my biggest need is probably rest. If I got some true rest, somehow distanced from the stress, it would probably help. We find it hard to truly get away from the situations, though. We went camping (a cheap break) a while ago and all the stress came there with us. We just need to find some way to truly get away from it for a while...easier said than done, I guess.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm%2027&version=31
No comments:
Post a Comment