Friday, June 18, 2010

It's a challenge and I can get through it

...somehow, with God.

The despair about tall dude with big feet has consumed both hubs and myself. It's like the guy is under house arrest, of his own assent. I have seen too much of that situation myself, and continue to pray for the prodigal to come home.

Prep for moving is quite overwhelming. The house wasn't clean to start with. Twenty-two years of stuff is a lot to go through. I feel like I'm treading water and not moving ahead most of the time. Hubs has been so supportive. He doesn't want to stress me out about getting there fast. I know he wants me there, and as soon as it is humanly possible, but he knows the heavy weight of mourning I carry, and he has been very considerate.

Working through the FEMA/insurance/SBA stuff is a hassle; I am hoping it helps us with getting stuff fixed from the heavy rains/flood situation we had here in Nashville. Lots of paperwork, and I think all the on site inspections are over now. There are a lot of things we didn't do over the years because of the costs involved with tall dude with big feet, and I am trying not to kick myself about this. We were obedient, and that is all we could do. I am very thankful that we will be walking away with decent equity even so. Many people are upside down in our houses...not us. I am grateful for that. I have to trust that God will keep pursuing the tall dude with big feet. Intellectually, I know that is true. Emotionally...hey, it comes and goes. No big surprise there.

No comments: