Sunday, October 11, 2009

Flourless Nut Butter Chocolate Cookies

I have no idea where I found this one. I would suggest you use a natural nut butter for this one. Options might include peanut butter, sunflower butter, or almond butter. Usually almond butter is way too pricey, but Trader Joe's has done a good job of cutting the price substantially, and Whole Foods has had to follow suit. Five bucks a jar is still pricey, but is's not the nine to eleven bucks K-Roger insists on charging. Sometimes I swear that they buy their specialty stuff at retail and then keystone it from there. ;-)

1 c nut butter
3/4 c sugar (I'm gonna try honey as well, but I imagine I may have to tweak the amounts).
1 lg egg
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

sir together first five ingredients till well blended. Stir in chips. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls two inches apart onto parchment lined baking sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes or till puffed and lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets on a wire rack five min, and then remove to wire rack. Makes 2 dozen.

No comments: