Have you ever noticed that things have to get really really bad before God steps in? Hubs and I were really low and with no real options for things to improve markedly, and then last Thursday a huge need (namely, a job for hubs) was worked out. They interviewed him first and cancelled the other interviews. Lots more news about this later.
The sermon mentioned suffering in great detail, Hebrews 12 being the text. Fortunately the preacher du jour very emphatically reminded that suffering is not necessarily about a sin we've committed. Surely I knew that already, you ask? Well, so do you, but when three years of h e double hockey sticks have been beating on a person, perspective and truth tend to become obscured.
America is all about comfort and moving up. Pretty much EVERYONE, save the homeless perhaps, lives better than a great many countries. God isn't about that. He is about loving me and conforming me to his image. He doesn't value the stuff the advertisers (and your friends) tout. There's a much bigger, and way more satisfying, God-thing going on. I think we're seeing some glimpses of that. Maybe this time has been more like training and healing intensives. That's what it appears.
Please don't stop praying for us, and we'll do the same for you! You can always send me a PM with specifics we can pray for, if you are shy like me.
New challenges, and they will probably be challenging, but I am glad for them and also very relieved.
No comments:
Post a Comment