The Gardener and The Gardener's Wife have been very gracious to me. They have supplied me with a large quantity of fabric and such, that I will put to good use. I have already had fun blessing Bunny Mama's mom, Bee Haven Maven, and Smoothiejuice with some of the loot.
For example, they gave me this wad of trims and lacy stuff that will work well on my vintage type aprons I sell at market.
The Gardener's Wife gave me a length of Tennessee Vols fabric and said, "could you make an apron for The Gardener?" Being The Gardener has a shrine to the Volunteers in his basement, including a framed piece of turf from Neyland Stadium and a large framed Phil Fulmer poster, it seemed appropriate.
Did I mention I think the color orange is eeeeeeeeew?
I thought about putting it on a denim background, but I had a length of orange mini-camo. Upon sharing the situation with hubs, he gave me his advice. "Go all out; go with the orange. A true fan would rather have it go over the top."
Hokay, I did just that. See for yourself. ;-)
Of course, miss Mandy wanted to be in the craft action shot. As usual.
2 comments:
and today i made a purse out of the blue with gerberas on it
What a neat apron! And nice blog, too...
June,
RubyJunes
...homespun by humble hands
Post a Comment