Yeah, I know, the title "Almond Vegetable Quiche" doesn't sound very promising to you, perhaps. However, I was very intrigued and set out to try it. The final result: something I think is quite tasty, low carb, healthy, and nice for an easy dinner or for breakfast or brunch.
I have posted the recipe as found originally below. The Tennessean doesn't keep their links active for long, and I didn't find this recipe anywhere else in my cursory Google search.
I mixed up everything except the sizeable veggies (for which I substituted one medium, ripe tomato, diced, and a diced green pepper), poured a bit of the mixture into the silicone bundt, and then dropped in the veggies. Then I put in the rest of the mixture. This is important in baked goods so as to have a finished product that doesn't crumble into pieces, and it resulted in a very nice "quiche-bundt" with no crust to boot. Really, you should try this.
Trader Joe's sells almond meal, but you could always put almonds into a food processor and pummel the life outta them. ;-)
ALMOND VEGETABLE QUICHE
6 eggs
1/2 cup mayonnaise or kefir
Pinch of baking soda
1/2 cup red cabbage
1/4 cup onion or shallots
1/2 cup cauliflower
1 cup almond flour
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients and pour into a silicone Bundt pan. Bake for 1 hour.
Recipe from Sepehr Homayoon of the Baha'i Center of Nashville.
No comments:
Post a Comment