Tuesday, May 26, 2009

KLP


That's Key Lime Pie, y'all.

Hubs loves it. I had no idea he did until this year. It just goes to show you; never assume you know everything about your husband even after twenty-five years of marriage.

They looked like something beyond my pay grade, so I would get the store bought frozen ones. All seemed to meet his expectations, so I stuck with that.

Then I thought I'd check and see how hard they are to make. Let's just say that you can handle it. Really.

I used the basic Nellie and Joe's Key Lime Pie recipe. Then slather some whipped cream on top if you like. I don't mind slumming and using Cool Whip, but that's anathema to my dear love.

They tasted so good to my hubs, I told him he had to work out to get some more of them. He didn't seem to mind that thought, so the taste must be powerful. Whether or not it's just wedded schmoozing, you will have to decide for yourself, but he insists they are better than the store-bought. Let's just say they are definitely WAY cheaper.

I like to freeze them, for a lovely texture. But your mileage may vary.

Look at all the other lovely recipes on this page, including lower fat and sugar possibilities. I'm definitely going to try them.

No comments: