Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Yet another way to get hubs to eat veggies!

Yahoo.

I like Kalyn's Kitchen blog. It has some healthy type recipes.

I also like the idea of a recipe that has some "hey, here's some choices, you pick which ones you want, combine them, and there, that's your recipe." Well, not for baking, but hey, cooking's an art, and baking's a science, right?

Here's another lovely winter type recipe: Kalyn's Crunchy Cruciferous Salad.

I just took a bag of Mann's Vegetable Medley which is by those Broccoli Wokly people. Was just a buck at K-roger last week.

Cut it up into smaller pieces with my one lovely knife--Wustof Santoku Emeril--I wuv that knife, mixed with lowfat ranch dressing (only enough to sort of cover it) and lower fat cheese. No reason not to use shredded soy cheese for this, and another type dressing. I like Annie's Green Goddess and that would be nice too. Only enough cheese to add a little flavor/color. Chopped up extra raw baby carrots and a green pepper, and mixed it all up. Freshly ground pepper rounded out the stuff, although I think a little dill or etc. would be lovely too.

When hubs goes back for ample seconds on veggies, I know I've got something. Just so darned easy.

Obviously Kalyn has lots of options here, so go for it and have fun! All these extra veggies in my diet can't help but help me feel better, and so I'm doing all I can to help myself greet the day with more cheer. Seven servings of veggies/fruits a day can't hurt...

No comments: